Beth Ryland, MA LMFT
Hello! I'm so glad you're here!
I believe that all of us can create peace and happiness in our lives, both single and in a relationship, by creating a strong foundation.
I help both individuals and couples do this through working with you to help you see the unhealthy patterns that have been created in your life. Sometimes this is on your own and sometimes it's with your partner.
I'm passionate about helping professional people like you reconnect emotionally and physically, improve communication, and increase overall satisfaction in your relationships. Difficulties in your relationships affect you in so many ways! You might be totally stressed or depressed and feeling stuck. I can help!
I'm also passionate about helping women rebuild their lives and find themselves again after divorce. Women are strong! But sometimes you don't feel it. Building up a new foundation for your new life is a great start.
I have a gentle yet straight-forward approach and use humor to make you feel comfortable. I've been told by my clients that I'm easy to connect with and make difficult conversations and topics painless.
I've had an eclectic career starting out in sign language interpretting and directing a non-profit program serving children with severe disabilities. From there I made the decision to spend six years as a stay-at-home mom, raising my kids. During this time I trained as a yoga instructor and started developing my interest in essential oils and aromatherapy.
After my divorce, I worked in finance and eventually decided to get my Master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy (yes, divorced therapists can help you save your marriage!). I've been working as a psychotherapist for the last three years with a broad range of clients. I have additional training as a sex therapist working with men, women, and couples who are struggling with sexual concerns.
I have an amazing partner, awesome co-parents, a former and current step-kid, and two kids of my own. My blended family is wonderful and I'm lucky to have them all.
When I'm not here, you'll find me hanging out with family and friends, enjoying a glass of wine, exercising, and keeping warm either on vacation or sitting by the fireplace (I'm a freeze baby!).
Education and Qualifications
- MA in Marriage and Family Therapy - Saint Mary’s University
- BA in Psychology - Metropolitan State University
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training - Yoga Center Minneapolis
- LMFT - Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Level 1 Gottman Method Couples Therapy Training
- Level 1 Relational Life Therapy with Terrance Real
- Gottman Relationship Checkup Approved Provider
- PREPARE/ENRICH Relationship Assessment Facilitator, Life Innovations, Inc.
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- MAMFT - Minnesota Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- AAMFT - American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- AASECT - American Asociation of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
- Greater Stillwater Chamber of Commerce
Coaching services offered nationally via video conferencing.
Call me today for a free phone consultation 651-472-6535